- Ancestral Puebloans
- Apparel & Gear
- Audio Visual
- Children & Youth
- Food & Cooking
- Games & Puzzles
- Junior Ranger
- Local History
- Maps & Guides
- Mesa Verde
- Mouse Pads
- Native American
- Parks & Monuments
- Passport to the National Parks
- Plants & Wildlife
- Postcard & Notecard
- Posters & Photos
- Trip Planners
- Sojourns Magazine
Mesa Verde Museum Association is seeking temporary part-time Sales Associates. Please see position description below. Email resumes to email@example.com, fax to 970-529-4446, or mail to David Quinn, PO Box 38, Mesa Verde, CO 81330.
Sales Associate Job Summary:
A Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, generating sales, merchandising, and protecting MVMA and Mesa Verde National Park.
- Greets customers entering sales area in friendly manner and answers any questions about merchandise.
- Answers visitor and customer questions related to the surrounding area and the park either in person or over the phone.
- Operates computerized cash register, calculator, and credit card machine when necessary to complete retail sales.
- Assists in basic customer service problem resolution in the absence of the Interpretive Sales Manager or designated office personnel.
- Offers Mesa Verde Museum Association Membership to customers and clearly explains the policies and advantages of membership.
- Stocks shelves, counters, and displays with merchandise and information.
- Keeps sales area clean and organized.
- Assists with loading, unloading, pricing, moving, and placing of inventory in storage and retail areas as needed.
- Assists in taking physical inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Removes and records cash and other receipts in cash register at end of day and secures all cash from outlet in appropriate vault or safe.
- Arrives at duty station in a.m. to relieve and assist Primary Sales Associate
- Cleans and organizes
- Bags merchandise
- Covers cash register when necessary
- Assists customers
- Travels to Museum in p.m. and carries out same duties
- This position interfaces with and requires considerable contact with and assistance to various Mesa Verde Museum Association, Inc. personnel.
- This position reports directly to the Interpretive Sales Manager.
Basic Job Specifications:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Possess ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Possess ability to work effectively with co-workers and be flexible in work situation.
- Possess desire to provide superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Basic math skills and the ability to operate electronic devices such as computerized cash registers, computers, calculators, etc.
- Ability to learn and adapt to varied work assignments.
- Willingness to follow MVMA policies.
- Ability to be on feet for extended periods.
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must posses a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
- Must be bondable.